REDMOND, wash. – (BUSINESS WIRE) –The Nintendo Switch system offers access to a wealth of indie games, with more to come by the end of this year and in 2021. Today Nintendo unveiled a new Indie World Showcase presentation, which includes some notable surprises in the upcoming game launch calendar. Highlights of the video include Among us, the riotous social deduction survival game, released for Nintendo Switch later today! Other featured games in today’s showcase include Super Meat Boy Forever, the long-awaited sequel to Super Meat Boy, and Spelunky and Spelunky 2, the cavernous exploration platforms that have ignited players’ imaginations (and bomb bags).
“We want Nintendo Switch owners to feel like they are on a journey of discovery, with new indie gems around every corner,” said Steve Singer, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President Publisher and Developer Relations. “Thanks to the dedicated ingenuity of independent developers around the world who have chosen Nintendo Switch as their home for their games, the system continues to provide a thriving collection of memorable indie experiences for players to enjoy.”
To watch the Indie World video in its entirety, visit https://indieworld.nintendo.com/. Some of the highlights revealed in the video are:
- Among us from InnerSloth: Find out which of your friends is a secret cheater Among us, the social deduction survival game that has taken space by storm. Work together to complete tasks on a spaceship before the rogue sabotages or takes out the other players. Do you think a crew member is acting strangely? Call for emergency meetings and discuss who the suspected imposter is … but before you vote, make sure you’re throwing someone into the cold corners of space. Among us will release on Nintendo Switch with cross-platform play later today! *
- Spelunky and Spelunky 2 from Mossmouth: With Spelunky and Spelunky 2, brave your way through treacherous tunnels and caverns, equipped with the survival supplies you encounter along the way. With dense worlds full of secrets, surprises and slapstick hilarity, every time you play promises danger and fun. Watch out for gnomes, ghosts, flying fish and galloping turkeys as you explore the unknown. Dive in Spelunky and Spelunky 2 when both games hit Nintendo Switch in the summer of 2021.
- Grinding stone from Capybara Games: CAPY’s hit puzzle battler Grinding stone makes its way to the Nintendo Switch. Clobber creeps to make huge combos and earn precious sharpening stones. Redeem your grindstones to craft new equipment and overcome devious enemies, obstacles and boss encounters as you conquer Grindstone Mountain. With over 200 brutal levels to tackle, get ready to stand up, grind, and repeat whenever Grinding stone will get its console launch on Nintendo Switch as a timed exclusive later in the day.
- Calico from Peachy Keen Games: Magical girls, cat cafes and stuffed animals – what more do you need in life? Fill a cozy café with cute creatures, charming furnishings, festive decorations and yummy pastries. It’s the perfect way to spend a day! You can start relaxing Calico when it will be released on Nintendo Switch later today.
- Super Meat Boy Forever from Team Meat: The long-awaited sequel to Super Meat Boy has arrived! In Super Meat Boy ForeverNugget, the adorable baby girl from Meat Boy and Bandage Girl, has been kidnapped. You will be run through the grinder as you jump, slide, punch and kick through different worlds with thousands of hand crafted levels that are randomly slapped together to create a unique gameplay experience with each save game. With bosses, secrets, dying, amazing music, vibrant art and more dying, prepare for some intense challenges. Super Meat Boy Forever squishes on the Nintendo Switch on December 23 as an exclusive console launch.
- Cyber Shadow from Mechanical Head StudiosDash, slice, and jump your way through futuristic levels as you take down over a dozen apocalyptic bosses in this action-platformer ninja game. The world has been taken over by synthetic life forms. A desperate request for help sets Shadow on a journey. Skilfully navigate the ruins of Mekacity, jump past traps and beat the techno hordes. You can even convert an amiibo from a Kick Knight series character for a little help from a known friend. Unlock the secrets of your ninja clan’s ancient powers in Cyber Shadow, is coming to Nintendo Switch on January 26, 2021.
- Tunche from LEAP Game Studios: Tunche is a 2D beat ’em up game with breathtaking hand-drawn art set in the Amazon rainforest. It can be explored with one of five heroes, each with their own distinctive skills and abilities, including Hat Kid, the protagonist of the 3D platformer A hat in time. Unravel the secrets of the rainforest in search of a mythical beast, the Tunche. Enjoy a unique experience every time you venture into the jungle, cross different trails and encounter fantastic creatures. With charming hack and slash combat, local co-op play and a pinch of shamanic witchcraft, experience a magical tour of Peruvian legends and folklore. Venture into the jungle when Tunche arrives on Nintendo Switch for the first time in March 2021.
- Very valet from Toyful GamesGet behind the wheel to collect, park and return cars from more than 20 locations. Up to three other players can join you in this hectic and fun party game. Very valet speeds up first on the Nintendo Switch as a timed exclusive in early 2021.
- Fisti-Fluffs from Playfellow Studio: Watch out – these kittens have claws! In this physics-based party game with fierce felines, you have to slap and pounce your way to victory. Turn the game room into a battlefield by hitting objects and launching them across the room. Experience the pinnacle of cat fighting by proving that your wobbly cat is the best cat. Take on the competition locally at launch, with online multiplayer as a post-launch update. The possibilities are endless! Fisti-Fluffs will be the first frisky on Nintendo Switch in spring 2021.
- Happy game from Amanita Design: Solve nerve-racking puzzles, get through some disturbing songs, and survive face-to-face encounters with suspicious smiley faces. Earn your sweet dreams in the spring of 2021, when Happy game launches on Nintendo Switch.
- Alba: A Wildlife Adventure from ustwo games: The award-winning studio that created Monument Valley delivers a new open world experience – Alba: A Wildlife Adventure. In this game, even the smallest person can make a big difference. Visit her grandparents on a Mediterranean island with Alba, ready for a peaceful summer full of wildlife. But when she sees her beloved island in danger, she realizes she must do something about it! Recruit volunteers for your cause, help heal sick animals, clean up the wilderness and ultimately save the island. A visually stunning season of exploration awaits Alba: A Wildlife Adventure, coming to Nintendo Switch in Spring 2021.
- Gnosia from Playism: In this unique sci-fi adventure game, a spaceship is overtaken by aliens who can take the form of humans. Meet an eclectic cast of characters and help unravel their mysteries in a fascinating narrative twist on the social deduction genre, where you play against up to 14 NPCs. Overcome your fears when Gnosia will be released on Nintendo Switch in early 2021.
The Indie World presentation also featured a montage of upcoming indie games, including When the past was round, released for Nintendo Switch later today. It also happened Finding paradise, Hazel Sky, Hoa, Kosmokrats and Trash Sailors, all of which are heading to Nintendo Switch.
Follow the Indie World Twitter account for the latest news and updates on indie games on Nintendo Switch @RTLnews.
Remember that Nintendo Switch has parental controls that allow adults to control the content that their children can access. For more information on other features, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/.
* Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online functions. Conditions apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
About Nintendo: The global pioneer of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983 when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™Nintendo has sold more than 5 billion video games and more than 779 million hardware units worldwide, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become household names such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Washington, serves as the headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company’s website at https://www.nintendo.com/.
Note to Editors: Nintendo press materials are available at https://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To log in, you must register on the site.