The Dawning has arrived Destiny 2, and it now runs through January 5. Simply put, this may be the biggest seasonal event of the year. With that in mind, we want to make sure you are fully aware of all that the festivities have to offer. Want to know what the Dawning is, what rewards you can get, and what recipes to follow? Here’s our final list of facts.
What is the dawn?
In Destiny 2the Dawning is basically the game version of a winter holiday event. Players start the fun by visiting Eva Levante near the tower, and Eva offers you a special oven designed for cooking holiday treats. These treats are controlled by the game’s various NPCs. As you will see below, Zavala likes to eat Gjallardoodles for example. These are made with Ether Cane, Delicious Explosion, and Essence of Dawning. You can learn how to find each of these ingredients by looking at the ingredient list below. By completing activities, collecting certain orbs, or killing certain enemies, you will collect ingredients that make up treats to give to each character.
What’s New in 2020?
The basic conceit of The Dawning resembles the set-up of years past, though there will likely be a handful of new recipes and ingredients that players will have to discover through gameplay.
However, a new reward for your culinary efforts is the Glacioclasm Legendary Fusion Rifle with random stat reels. There is also a special ship that you can customize during the event. The final taste of sweetness is the addition of community goals that unlock rewards for everyone based on the number of Dawning treats over the duration of the event. In short, the 2020 Dawning contains a lot of well-known ideas, but brings some newer ones Destiny 2 concepts such as random stat roles and community goals.
When it comes to the recipe and ingredient list, we’ve combined our past Dawning guides with new information curated by Eugene_USA26 on the Destiny 2 subreddit. We will continue to refine this information as Guardians make new discoveries.
Destiny 2 Dawning 2020 recipe list
- Gjallardoodles (Zavala): Ether Cane, Delicious Explosion, Essence of Dawning
- Bittersweet Biscotti (Crow): Dark Ether Cane, Balanced Flavors, Essence of Dawning
- Traveler Donut Holes (Ikora): Cabal Oil, Flash of Inspiration, Essence of Dawning
- Chocolate chip cookies (Amanda Holiday): Cabal Oil, Null Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Classic Butter Biscuit (Eva): Taken Butter, Superb Texture, Essence of Dawning.
- Telemetry Tapioca (Banshee-44): Vex Milk, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Birdseed (Louis & Hawthorne): Ether Cane, Personal Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Gentleman’s Shortbread (Devim): Ether Cane, Perfect Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Infinite Forest Cake (Failsafe): Vex Milk, Impossible Heat, Essence of Dawning
- Vanilla knives (Shaxx): Cabal oil, sharp taste, essence of Dwaning
- Dark Chocolate Motes (The Drifter): Taken Butter, Null Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Dead Candy Ghosts (Spider): Dark Ether Cane, Flash of Inspiration, Essence of Dawning
- Ill-Fortune Cookies (Petra): Dark Ether Cane, Impossible Heat, Essence of Dawning
- Strange Cookies (Xur): Taken Butter, Electric Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Thousand-Layer Cookie (Riven): Taken Butter, Delicious Explosion, Essence of Dawning
- Lavender cookies (Saint-14): Vex Milk, Personal Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Eris Morn): Chitin Powder, Finishing Touch, Essence of Dawning
Old recipes for retired NPCs (in case these still apply for some reason)
- Alkane Dragée Cookies (Sloane): Chitin Powder, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Radiolarian Pudding (Asher): Vex Milk, Electric Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Javelin Mooncake (Ana): Chitin Powder, Pungent Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Hackberry Tart (Benedict): Cabal Oil, Versatile Flavors, Essence of Dawning
- Transit with burnt edge (Master Rahool): Vex Milk, Delicious Explosion, Essence of Dawning
- Hot Crossfire Buns (Ada-1): Ether Cane, Balanced Flavors, Essence of Dawning
- Fried Sha-Dough (Visage of Calus): Dark Ether Cane, Superb Texture, Essence of Dawning
- Fractal Rolls (Brother Vance): Vex Milk, Pinch of Light, Essence of Dawning
Totally new recipes
- Blueberry crumbs (Shaw Han): Ether Cane, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Bright Dusted Snowballs (Tess): Chitin Powder, Versatile Flavors, Essence of Dawning
- Ethereal Coldsnaps (Varicks): Chitin Powder, Pungent Flavor, Essence of Dawning
How To Get Ingredients For The Dawning 2020
- Vex Milk: Vex Kills
- Ether Cane: Fallen Kills
- Cabal Oil: Cabal Kills
- Chitin Powder: Hive Kills
- Taken Butter: Taken Kills
- Dark Ether Cane: Scorn Kills
- Delicious Explosion: Explosive Kills
- Pungent taste: Sword Kills
- Balanced Taste: Sniper, Bow or Scout Rifle Kills
- Impossible heat: sun kills
- Electric flavor: Arc Kills
- Null Taste: Void Kills
- Versatile flavors: Multikills
- Excellent Texture: Super Kills
- Finishing Touch: Perform finishers on an enemy
- Flash of Inspiration: create orbs
- Pinch of light: absorb orbs of light
- Personal Touch: Melee Kills
- Perfect taste: Precision Kills
- Bullet Spray: SMG, Auto Rifle or LMG Kills
- Essence of Dawning: Earned on these activities, ranging from the least to the most: Patrols, Public Events, and Nightfalls.
Destiny 2 is now available for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, PC and Stadia.
What do you think of the Dawning 2020 so far? Are there any ingredients or recipes that we missed? Tell us in the comments!