Publisher Devolver Digital and Titan Souls developer Acid Nerve has announced an action adventure game Gate of Death for Xbox series, Xbox One and PC (Steam). It will be launched this summer.
Here’s an overview of the game, via the Steam page:
Harvesting souls from the dead and striking a clock can get monotonous, but it’s fair work for a crow. The work becomes lively when your assigned soul is stolen and you must track down a desperate thief to a realm untouched by death – where creatures grow far beyond their expiration date and overflow with greed and power.
Most important features
- Talon Sharp Combat – Use melee weapons, arrows and magic to conquer a fantastic array of beasts and demigods. Mistakes are penalized and victory is rewarded. Get the edge by customizing your character stats and mastering the skills and upgrades you acquire.
- A beautifully gloomy world Venture behind the doors to explore a land full of twisted inhabitants and innumerable secrets, and hope for the strange and wonderful characters you will encounter along the way.
- A dark mystery to unravel – Track down colossal tyrants and defeat them with their own stories and motivations. Experience a bleak yet dark comedic story that uncovers the truths behind the flow of souls, the role of the Crows and the origin of the Doors.
Watch the announcement trailer below. Check out the first screenshots in the gallery. Visit the official website here.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stick to the topic
- No drive-by commentsincluding trolls, lures, or shit posts.
- Know when not to commentIf you are not interested in a topic, do not comment.
- No offensive commentsThis includes offensive, threatening, pornographic, deceptive or defamatory content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port begging
- No console wars
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW content (not just naked). For instance:
Woe is Leomon.Name the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful to other commentersYou don’t have to agree, but argue politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, don’t continue the conversation – just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to change or remove any comments without prior notice. This comment policy can be changed at any time.