Press release from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
Humboldt County Public Health and other licensed local vaccinators have administered 66,648 doses of COVID-19 vaccine, an increase of 9,322 doses since last week’s report.
Vaccination data has been updated on the Humboldt County Data Dashboard. Some of the highlights are:
- 26,085 local residents have been fully vaccinated, which is equivalent to 19.2% of the total estimated population of the province and approximately 23.2% of the residents of the province who are 16 years of age or older and currently eligible for vaccination.
- Nearly 1 in 3 or 31.6% of the county’s total population has received at least one dose of vaccine, meaning they have some protection against the virus.
- Of those most susceptible to serious illness – people 75 and older – 62.5% have been fully vaccinated and 78.2% have received at least one dose.
Go to humboldtgov.org/Dashboard to access the Dashboard. To view vaccine data only, visit humboldtgov.org/VaccineData.
7 new cases reported today
A total of 3,507 residents of Humboldt County have tested positive for COVID-19 after seven new cases were reported today.
President Joe Biden has ordered states to open vaccination to all residents on April 19, but the state of California has already announced that all residents 16 and older will be open to vaccination earlier on Thursday, April 15.
As of today, vaccination is open to the following age groups and workers:
- From 50 years
- Age 16 to 64 with a higher risk
- Food and agriculture
- Emergency services
- K-12 and early education, childcare
- Higher education
- Other risky professions.
Please visit https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/VaccineAllocationGuidelines.aspx for details on risk factors and function categories eligible for vaccination.
Registration and scheduling of vaccination appointments is now handled through California’s My Turn system. Go to myturn.ca.gov to sign up when events become available.
Visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov for the latest COVID-19 information. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting [email protected] or by calling 707-441-5000.
Some Safeway, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, and Walgreen locations offer COVID-19 vaccination appointments. Find out who is eligible for vaccination and see if any of these locations have appointments available for your age group or industry by clicking the links below.
CVS Pharmacy: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link2-coronavirus-vaccine
Rite Aid: https://www.riteaid.com/covid-19
Local COVID-19 vaccine information: humboldtgov.org/VaccineInfo
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/Dashboard
Follow us on Facebook: @ HumCoCOVID19
Instagram: @ HumCoCOVID19
Twitter: @ HUMCoCOVID19
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert
= historical data. All data from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center.
Data from CalREDIE. ZIP codes not listed have experienced five or fewer instances. Postcode populations from the American Community Survey, 2018.